If you’d like to build your skill set and improve your clinical practice while working with a small group of like-minded supportive and creative individuals, then the Michigan Psychodrama Center’s psychodrama and sociometry skills training student group is for you!
The MPC’s psychodrama student training group is open to all individuals. Psychodrama is used by therapists, teachers, coaches, law enforcement officers, business leaders, trial lawyers, medical doctors, Priests, Rabbis and many others. Our training is useful for anyone with an interest in learning how to use and apply the action methods, theories, and philosophies of psychodrama and sociometry in their personal and professional lives
As a participant in our training group you will learn how to begin using these methods in a variety of ways. The training group will be structured to meet the needs of the group, and sociometry will be emphasized.
This ongoing group will meet monthly beginning in September 2020 and continuing through May 2021. The course curriculum is designed so that students will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the psychological and philosophical theories underlying and supporting psychodramatic action;
- Learn the art and science of sociometry and connection developed by J.L. Moreno’s Role Theory;
- Learn how to use proficiently use Zoom with individual and group psychodrama;
- Experience the roles of protagonist, auxiliary ego, audience member and director;
- Build confidence and expertise in creating individual and group safety when using the action methods of psychodrama and sociometry;
- Practice psychodramatic techniques such as: role reversal, doubling, concretization, future projection, mirroring;
- Work towards becoming a Certified Practitioner of Psychodrama, Sociodrama, and Group Psychotherapy (if desired).
The dates for this training are as follows:
- September 19, 2021
- October 14, 2021
- November 14, 2021
- December 12, 2021
- January 19, 2022
- February 6, 2022
- March 6, 2022
- April 10, 2022
- May 15, 2022
Each training group session will via Zoom from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and each student will receive a total of 36 hours/credits toward practitioner certification by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy. As with all ABE hours, these 36 hours never expire. The tuition for training is $115.00 per session pay-as-you-go, or $900.00 (100.00 per session) if paid in full in advance. However, please note that students are expected to attend all training group sessions, and that full tuition remains due for any excused or unexcused absences.
Individuals interested in joining this psychodrama training group should contact us directly at email@example.com or (248) 702-5572.