New Psychodrama Student Training Group Starts This September in Birmingham!
Our psychodrama and sociometry training group is open to all
individuals seeking to learn how to use the action methods, theories and
philosophies of psychodrama in their personal and professional lives.
Psychodrama has been used by therapists, teachers, coaches, law enforcement, business leaders, trial lawyers, medical doctors, Priests and Rabbis. As a participant in our training group you will learn how to begin using these methods in a variety of ways. The training group will be structured to meet the needs of the group, and sociometry will be emphasized.
This ongoing group will meet monthly beginning in September 2019 and continuing through May 2020. The course curriculum is designed so that students will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the psychological and philosophical theories underlying and supporting psychodramatic action;
- Learn the art and science of sociometry and connection developed by J.L. Moreno’s Role Theory;
- Experience the roles of protagonist, auxiliary ego, audience member and director;
- Build confidence and expertise in creating individual and group safety when using the action methods of psychodrama and sociometry;
- Practice psychodramatic techniques such as: role reversal, doubling, concretization, future projection, mirroring;
- Work towards becoming a Certified Practitioner of Psychodrama, Sociodrama, and Group Psychotherapy (if desired).
The dates for this training are as follows:
- September 22, 2019
- October 20, 2019
- November 17, 2019
- December 15, 2019
- January 12, 2020
- February 16, 2020
- March 15, 2020
- April 19, 2020
- May 17, 2020
Each training group session will be held in Birmingham, Michigan from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and each student will receive a total of 36 hours/credits toward practitioner certification by the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy. As with all ABE hours, these 36 hours never expire. The tuition for training is $115.00 per session pay-as-you-go, or $855.00 (95.00 per session) if paid in full in advance. However, please note that students are expected to attend all training group sessions, and that full tuition remains due for any excused or unexcused absences.
Individuals interested in joining this psychodrama training group should contact us directly at email@example.com or (248) 702-5572.